Saturday, July 7, 2012

Numerology, Decoding Your Personality (Part 1)

Since today's post is for the Pagan Blog Project 2012, the topic is a N word. This is actually going to be a multiple part blog involving numerology and magickal names. To start off lets get a little 411 on Numerology 101 (yes pun is intended).

Numerology is the study of how numbers can be used to predict the future or gain knowledge about ones personality and attributes. Numbers have been used to gain divine wisdom since ancient times and evidence of numerology can be seen in many civilizations including the Chinese, Greek, Egyptians, and Mayans. The Mayan calender that predicts the end of the world this December employs the use of numerology (I am neither promoting or discounting the authenticity of their prophecy).

What is widely used today is the Greek system created by the mathematician Pythagoras. He combined the disciplines of the Arabic, Druid, Phoenician, Egyptian, and Essene sciences to create something new. It did not stop there though, it has continued to grow and evolve over the centuries and is still growing today. Numerology has become more widespread today than it has ever been.

Though numerology declares ALL numbers significant, there are five numbers that are considered the Core numbers of numerology. These numbers define you and have great insight into who you are. These numbers are your Life Path number, your Expression number, your Heart's Desire number, your Birth Day number, and your Personality number. Each one uses your personal birth name and/or birth date, therefore they are rooted in the person you are.

Life Path Number
We will start with the Life Path number because it is the most important number in your Numerology chart. Your Life Path is a road map to how your life will play out and it will influence the challenges that you face along the way. It also influences your general character and attitude towards life. The reason the Life Path is so important is because it uses your entire birth date and never changes.

To calculate your Life Path number you must reduce each unit of your birth date (month/day/year) to a single-digit or Master number (Master numbers are 11, 22, and 33). Then add each of the resulting numbers together and reduce the total again to either a single-digit or Master number. I'll do mine as an example: April 12, 1992.

April is the 4th month, so we have a 4.

It was the 12th day of the month and 1 + 2 = 3, so now we have a 3.

The year was 1992 and 1 + 9 + 9 + 2 = 21 and 2 + 1 = 3, so now we have another 3.

Now you add them all together: 4 + 3 + 3 = 10 = 1 + 0 = 1

So my Life Path number is 1

One thing to remember about numerology is that the numbers are not the only important part, the method of getting the numbers is also important. The reason why you have to get your Life Path number by first adding and reducing each section of your birth day is because each part represent other sections of your numerology chart: your Period cycles. Your Period cycles (this has nothing to do with menstruation) are three long term cycles that divide your life into thirds. The first is derived from the reduced number of your birth month (4), the second from your birth date (3), and the last from your birth year (3). This is what makes your Life Path number so important: it is found by combining the numbers of your three Period cycles.

Once you know your Life Path number you can use it to learn about yourself and make important decisions about your life from your major in college to whether you and your partner will be compatible.

My Example
Having 1 has my Life Path number suggests that I have the skills to be a leader and that I demand independence and personal attainment. i am also capable of creative inspiration and great determination and ambition. i am also a great project started and I am at my best when challenged. I have a natural tendency to lead and I generally take charge even when not appropriate. I am highly original and have the talents of an innovator/inventor. i have a strong personality and I feel it is necessary to folow my own convictions regardless of consequences. Routine tasks bore and tire me quickly. I can be self-centered and demanding, though I tend to hide it in social settings. Regardless I may be considered friendly and good-natured. I am sensitive to disapproval and tend to not take criticism lightly. Though I show great potential for leadership, I may fail as a follower. Due to my strong personality, I should avoid being to bossy or 

Ok so this is only the first part of my numerology, so keep checking in to get information of the other four Core numbers and check back next Friday to seek how I add in magickal names.

Blessed Be!

1 comment:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day I heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542
    Facebook Page: Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341
    Website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    Virus-free. www.avg.com

    ReplyDelete