Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wicked Wytch Mashup

I hope ya'll are having an awesome week. I was having a pretty good one until today. I recently started a new job, been there about two weeks now. Well today I found out that I will not be getting paid for the hours I have already worked. Technically I am still in the "training" period so that I can learn all the procedures, but this training is unpaid and I won't get put on payroll until after my training ends. The kicker is the fact that there is not set length for the training period, it's kinda a play by the ear thing, so I currently have no clue when I will actually start getting paid for working. YIPEE!!! Well enough about me, let's go ahead and jump into today's topic.


I know ya'll are expecting me to talk about the last two Core numbers in numerology, and I was so planning on doing that today. However, I was worried that I would bore ya'll by repeating the same/similar topic each day and besides, pushing that post back gives me a carrot to dangle to keep ya'll coming back :). So instead of numerology, I'm going to use the latest prompt from Pagan Blog Prompts (there is a button on the right hand sidebar if ya'll want to go check out this blog)/ So her it goes...


"Religion, Faith, and Beliefs...while these three words are often used interchangeably, they are not the same. What do they mean to you?"


I really like this topic because I have strong opinions on religion and faith. I personally do not like the institution of religion and I usually respond to questions about my religion with the statement that I "am spiritual, but not religious." Before I actually get to my dissection of that phrase I'd like to discuss the official definition of each word versus my own interpretations.


Belief

  • An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists
  • Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction

To me beliefs are those ideas and opinions that we personally belief are true. In my opinion, beliefs are specific and unique to each individual and no two people can hold the same collection of beliefs. Also our beliefs are not stagnant, rather they evolve as we change and grow. The beliefs we have when we are children are not always the same beliefs we have as adults.

Faith
  • Complete trust or confidence in someone or something
  • Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof

Faith to me is a word that holds a myriad of meanings. My personal definition not only includes the faith in a divine presence, but also includes faith in my family and in myself. Some people see faith as a blind trust in something that cannot be seen or proven, and faith is therefore a waste of ones energy. I however believe that faith and trust (and a little pixie dust) is what keeps one sane. Without faith, we would all be cynical and our lives would have less meaning.

Religion
  • The belief and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods
  • Details of belief as taught or discussed

Now for the main event. Like I said earlier, I do not like the concept of religion. On paper it sounds really good: the belief in the divine. However, the true implications of religion are never included in the write-ups. Religion to me is a prison where dogma and tradition are used to control and dominate those who choose to enter into its domain. Religions are bureaucracies that are usually patriarchal and underhandedly (and often more publicly) scorn the role of women through scripture and dogma. They also lead to an alienation from the divine in the general community through their teaching that only chosen individuals within the religion can truly understand the will of their deity. The main problem I have with religions is their incessant need to denounce any form of worship that does not adhere to their personal dogma.

I guess I don't believe in the institution of a religion because of my definitions of belief and faith. Beliefs are individual and personal, religions are uniform and their teachings dictated by those in power. Faith is based on trust and ones personal beliefs, religions are based on dominance, scare-tactics, and founded on the ideals of others long passed.

This is why I say that I am spiritual rather than religious. Refusing to label myself as a member of any particular religion means that I am free of any dogma that will be attached to that label, and it is a mistake to believe that you can dedicate yourself to any organization or group without having to combat dogma. I am free to believe and worship as I will without having to worry about wading through all the red tape that comes with religion.

Well it is time for me to call it a night. I hope you liked the change of pace for today. I promise I will get back to numerology tomorrow, I have to or I won't be able to do my post for Friday. However, I will go ahead and let you know that I won't be talking about the last two Core numbers. Like I said, I have to set up my post on Friday and there is another number besides those two that I need to talk about before I can post Friday. So the Core numbers are going to take a backseat for now, but I promise: I will get to them soon!

Blessed Be Everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day I heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542
    Facebook Page: Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341
    Website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    Virus-free. www.avg.com

    ReplyDelete