Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Mystery of the Oracle

Hey guys! How ya'll doin' today. It's been a good day for me and it'll get even better when I can cuddle with my pillow :). Today is day number two for the O's on the Pagan Blog Project.I had a hard time coming up with an idea, but I finally decided to write about something that confuses the heck outta me while at the same time mystifies me: Oracle Decks!

I am currently learning to read tarot cards and when I was searching for a deck to purchase (I eventually got the Mystic Dreamer deck and I LOVE IT!!) I kept coming across oracle decks. I've tried to search for information about oracle decks but there doesn't seem to be much information about them. The only thing I have learned so far is that an oracle deck can have anywhere from 44 to 55 cards in it and that no deck has the same kinda cards. I guess it is a completely unique experience for each person and no two people read the cards the same way.



I have some decks that I would like to buy to try my hand at reading oracle cards. Though the whole concept kinda confuses me, I like the idea of how intimate and personal it is to read oracle cards. Here are some cards from the decks I like with my interpretation of their meaning, to show just how varied and beautiful these cards can be.


Oracle of the Shapeshifters by Jasmine Becket-Griffith
Wisdom is a gift not a burden

Sanctuary is not far from here

Oracle of Shadows and Light by Jasmine Becket-Griffith
It is time to let the past go and
embrace the future

Be thankful for what you have
already received

You already know what everything
that you need to succeed

The Faeries' Oracle by Brian Froud
You hold great wisdom

Embrace your inner child

The Heart of Faerie Oracle by Wendy Froud
Laughter is essential for life

Magick is all around us

Well that's all for today. I hope ya'll have a great weekend and as always: Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment