Thursday, July 12, 2012

Numerology, Decoding Your Personality (Part 3)

Hey guys, hope ya'll are doing great.

Well I did promise that I would do numerology today, and I'm going to keep that promise. Today we're gonna talk about your Sun number.

Sun Number
Basically your Sun number is Numerology's equivalent of Astrology's Sun or Zodiac sign. It is based on the month and day you were born and describes your personality on a basic level. Often Sun numbers are described as the anchor of one's numerology chart. It is your starting point, your island in the vast sea that is your life. Your Sun number reveals how you approach changes and how they influence you.

The Sun number was discovered by Master Numerologist Hans Decoz. The combination of our birth month and birth date is a very special number and it is used in many Numerology calculations. Before Hans Decoz, this important number had no name. He realized that looking at the Sun number level, we are better able to tune into our baseline personalities. Understanding your Sun number can help you understand why you make the choices you do as well as understanding why you experience certain feelings at different moments.



Your Sun number is one of the easiest numbers in your Numerology chart to calculate. It only takes two pieces of information to determine: the month and date that you were born. All you have to do is add the two numbers together and then reduce the sum to a single digit (you do not stop at Master Numbers in this calculation).

My Example
We will use my birthday as an example. I was born April 12th.

April is the 4th month of the year, so we have a 4.

It was the 12th day, so we have 12. You do not reduce this, only reduce after adding.

So you add the two together: 4 + 12 = 16 = 1 + 6 = 7.

So my Sun number is 7 (Easy, Peasy, Japanesey!).

Having seven as my Sun number means that I am intuitive and philosophical. I never take anything at face value and I am always searching for a deeper meaning (in other words "I complicate the shit out of everything"). I am both and introvert and an extrovert, both sides fighting for dominance. I am a dreamer, but  I'd rather dream of lofty goals than materialistic desires. I avoid being in a situation filled with superficial and hedonistic beings. I am opinionated to a fault and I tend to have a close circle of friends, with few or no casual acquaintances. I am extremely curious and scholarly (I definitely do read/research ALOT). I am very eccentric and there is little about me that could be described as conventional (Yes I am weird and I love the crap out of every minute). Though I am very logical, I embrace my emotions. I strive to be the best in any endeavor. I am more concerned with the spiritual and the intellectual aspects of life, as a result there is much to be desired when it comes to physical relationships. When I do fall, it begins as a platonic friendship but when the sparks fly, they really do fly :). I do not fall very often, but when it does it becomes all consuming. 

Here is a link that talks about calculating your Sun number, yes I know I did it here but I am adding it because it has links to all 9 of the Sun number descriptions at the bottom of the page. That way ya'll can go and check out what your number means: http://www.numerology.com/about-numerology/sun-numbers.

I know this has been a much shorter post than what I normally do and I'm sorry about that. It's been a long day and I am really tired. Make sure to come back tomorrow and check out my next post for the Pagan Blog Project, it's gonna be about magickal names! I would also like to ask for ya'll to comment on the posts and tell me what ya'll like or don't like about the blog. If you don't want to post it publicly, I have added my email address to The Wicked Wytch page so ya'll are always welcome to email me.

Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment